August 20, 2008

10 Movie Trailers That Were Much Better Than The Actual Movie

You ever saw a trailer that made you say 'WOW… That’s going to be a great movie. I really can’t wait till this movie comes out'. Then you go to see the movie on opening weekend, only to find out WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT that was or saying to yourself “I absolutely hated that movie”. Well here is a list of the top 10 most disappointing movies with great trailers…

10. Alien vs. Predator



When the movie Predator came out back in the 80’s everyone wanted to know who would win a fight between Aliens and Predators. Well, 20 years later the Trailer of Alien vs. Predator shed light on that very question. Those who saw the trailer just knew how great this movie was going to be. In the end movie goers were let down with a below average movie.


09. The Mummy Returns



After The Mummy was a big hit, talk went around that a sequel would be in the works. The Trailer came out and eagerly awaited movie goers flocked to the theaters on opening night, only to be out of the movies in bitter discontent.


08. Day After Tomorrow




When The Day After Tomorrow trailer premiered, I was surprised on how great the trailer was. The flooding of New York (I notice movies love destroying NY) and the statue of liberty under the snow. The movie had to be nothing but great right? Wrong, it was average at best.


07. The Transporter



Now this was in fact a good movie, but the trailer which I think showed all the best screens was just amazing.


06. War of the Worlds



What a huge let down, but I could watch the trailers over and over again.


05. Superman Returns



The movie just lost me; there was no need to roll dice with superman. Superman Returns trailers go in my collection of the best trailers.


04. Hancock



When I first saw this trailer on I Am Legend it really sold me. Then I saw the full trailer and I was hooked, I just knew I had to see this movie. What a 360 this movie pulled on me, I couldn’t believe how bad this movie was.

03. Jarhead



I was inside the movie theatre seeing this trailer for the first time. This was my first time seeing the auditorium clip for a drama type movie. I expected it for a super hero movie or even a very funny comedy but a drama, no way but the trailer was good. I was instantly hooked but what a let down, it was such a boring movie, wasn’t expecting that at all.


02. The Phantom Menace



When I saw the trailers to The Phantom Menace, I was like whoa! Jedi’s at their prime, Darth Maul and the clean look of everything, the trailer was next to perfect. I found myself seeing it 4 times a day before the movie came out, Jar-Jar Binks well you know the rest.


01. Spider-Man 3



I still find myself watching the trailers of Spider-Man 3; this was a spectacular trailer, pretty much prefect. What more could you have asked for, well a better movie. The movie did not live up to the trailers at all.


[Via movietrailertalk.com]

No comments: